Thursday, October 09, 2008

Mother Nature ~ take it for granted !

It was two weeks ago since I last hiked up the hill of Bukit Orang. This was due to my working schedule which was rather tied up.

And, associated with the current raining season, contributed by the Nine Kings Vegetarian festival , or called Jiu Wang Zai which ended two days ago, is celebrated by the Chinese during the first 9 day of the Nineth Month of Lunar Calendar.

Well, you can say it is miraclely accurate to have rainy days every year whenever the festival starts (try asking any of your Chinese acquaintance, they'll tellyou the same answer !).

Somehow, I had a inauspicious feeling as I made my way up the man-made staircases. Traces of some kinda vehicle tyres marked the muddy soil (due to the rain) as I walked through the land.


I said "O.M.G" hopefully it is not what I've foreseen earlier to be take place that soon. And, to my despair, suddenly I realised a piece of machinery being parked nearby the 'entrance' of the hill.

What I expected seems to be coming to a true reality. Very soon, this tiny hill will face its extinction of nature. Yeap, a dwelling development project(I guess) is commencing already.


When I first being explored to this piece of nature-surrounded hill (it was a left-over rubber plantation land, I assumed, having to see lots of rubber trees standing on the hill), there wast already on-going high-end housing developments constructing near the foot of the hill. Having such environmental threat, anybody will beforehand predicts what its destiny going to be.


I don't consider myself as a mother nature enthusiats, but it wouldn't be exaggerated to put myself as being compassion towards its affairs and conditions.


A view from one of the summit, looking ahead is the newly completed Villa Manja double-storey semi-D houses.

Sad to say, such scene as above is a already a common scenario happening for the past 20 years, and of course still carry on day by day, almost everyway in the Klang Valley. People like me, who is 100% KLrian, would definitely feel the proceeding pinch of withnessing the gradual losses of mother nature precious land, with more and more acres of it dissapearing from our scenery, substituting or I would say, sacrificing to the so-called 'necessity' development or non-stop indispendable demand of mankind. . . forgive me, it really arouses my I sentimental feel now. :(



The next thing came into my mind was, very soon, the fate of the habitants of the hill, yaloh~ the bunch of 'mankind ancestors' residing inside the hill, Monkeys, will get to a worse situation.


I can imagine them jumping around the houses of the future occupant when they have no trees to swing around..






A view featuring the extravagant dwelling area,
Desa Parkcity. A cozy supermarket, cafes, and restaurants with a human-made pond
are found in the middle of this housing estate.

The remaining land on this hill stretches about less than half a kilometres of range, will soon vanish as a nature landmark to a fully developed high cost dwelling area. ..


On one of the summit where I usually end by hiking, you can see a long rod stalking near the edge of the hill, with our national flag tied on top of it, fluttering in the air. First instinct tells you that some patriotic human-being has put it up there.

Nonetheless, its give me an impression of something non-related to patrioticism act, but to convey the message of compassionate towards the once rich with plenty of nature environment of a country we used to have. Alas, this is gonna be instead a sarcasm to our next and future generations.. sigh.


Rain again, poured from the greyish sky, I ran for my live.. couldn't carry on with my exersicing anymore. I ran away not because I afraid of the rain, but I worried my mobile phone will flare up a spark of fire and belching out smoke ! Having to say that I recalled that my friend had once experiencing his mobile unit smoked out as he soaked himself in the rain riding the motorcycle !!!

This is the stream look-alike of dashing rain water along
the route when I left the hill this afternoon.

I managed to snapped a the above pic with my handset before leaving. Of course it survived from the heavy pour, otherwise the above pic will not be seen here, hoho.

No comments:

49 (fortnight) DJ Song

Adverlets