Thursday, April 24, 2008

Malaysian Style of Cari Makan!

Today, i went to KWSP, due to my job function available at there.

Since i knew that it is hard to find a good, legal and cheap parking, i tried parking it at the building besides KWSP building., Tun Razak building.

I went in at around 11am. Few hours later,after finished my task, i walked back to the parking and tried to pay the parking fees via auto-pay machine available at the ground floor. The security counter was near to the machine. A few security personnel, consists of dear kakak and abang standing there and borak borak.

As expected, the fees was high indeed, as expensive as RM18., for 3hr ++. Then, the next thing that happened make me couldn't forgive myself...
I took a RM5o note and started to insert it into the machine, but was rejected. After retrieving the notes, i tried another round but was still ended up being rejected by the machine. Suddenly, i realised that the machine do not accept RM50 note (a sticker indicated this info) ! Quickly, i turned my view to the nearby counter, intend to ask for help. I walked towards the counter and asked the security personnels for smaller change, but was told to proceed to the kiosk/food court at 3rd floor to make some purchases in order to gain smaller notes.
Wow, i was thinking it was really ridiculous not to accept RM50 notes when the per hour fees charge is high!! I grumbled in front of the kakak and abang on my way to the lift.

Okay, when i was back, that was where i started to realise i did not redeem the parking ticket from the machine. Confronting my own carelessness, at the same time consoling myself, in my heart i prayed hard that the ticket would had just been misplaced in my pocket or the sling bag i'm carrying. And alas! Suprise.... it was found no where, not in my laptop bag, neither it is located in my pockets as well as my purse.

One of the security abang came near me when i queried him of any chance that he notice a ticket being left unclaim from the machine, or that there is any possibility that the machine has actually 'swallowed' it. To MY DISSAPOINTMENT, the answer given was no. The machine would have ejected the ticket out in situation that no money is collected!

My cold sweat started to (or appear to) pierce out from my hair follicles and ran down straight to my forehead ! Oh, how follish and forgetfull was me to left the ticket. In my mind, i started to curse the capability of the machine, as well as the management of the building for providing such a good 'facility' to the tenants and visitors. Of course, i blamed myself the most!

To cut short the story, i went up to the kiosk where earlier i bought a bun and a canned Nescafe beverage, but to no avail of finding back the ticket. Now the interesting part arrived..... I asked one of the kakak (security personnel) how should i go about it in order to solve the situation. Oh great, the management will fine me 100 bucks due to misplacement of the ticket. Then, the kakak informed me in B.M. : "You can actually ask for help from that abang (her eyeview directing me to the same abang that was approaching me just now. Very spontaneously my mind told me i'm gotta do some kinda' of kopi duit action.

And as expected again, yes ! This abang 'offered' me with another ticket in order to asssit me going through this 'crisis'. Hah! dear friends, as a norm, undestanding Malaysian, i was straight to the point and asked him reluctantly (of course giving him a very unpleasant kinda of expression with a 'darken complexion' on my face) : "Berapa kena bayar? (how much i need to pay?)" Dua puluh, encik, saya boleh tolong awak.. (twenty bucks, then we can 'help' you)"

Well, very good. I accepted the offer immediately, knowing otherwise, i will make myself into greater inconveniences and financial losses (huh!). And, in front of these guys, again, i grumbled with higher tone and pitched complaining the great facility their auto=pay machine worked -which actually i'm refering to how terrible their behaviour and way of 'cari makan' were!!! I threw the question to this abang "You sure this is not MY ticket???" well, you can guess what is his reply-lah. He even showed the 'entry time' printed on the ticket. Okay, okay, i couldn't say much...sigh. I remembered i came into the building before that...

When recalling this incident, i felt that they are not sincere. First, that abang told me the machine will not service the next client if my ticket would to have stucked in there. And I believe so, coz' i could see few visitors were paying their fees after that.

Secondly, if what proven right as mentioned above, my ticket should had been rejected and bounced out from the machine. So, the next question is, where was my ticket then. Ok, maybe it was taken by the someone who was making their fee payment. But, can't the security personnels do a favour by observing and try locating the ticket, juzt before anybody realised and took it? I remembered clearly that I was actually grumbing loudy my unsatisfactory with all the kakak and abang standing around the machine and myself (coz' they were rather suprised with my reaction). Haha !

For sure, something cheeky happened here.... sigh..

No comments:

49 (fortnight) DJ Song

Adverlets